The program is designed to be flexible and conducive to the adult learner at both the mid-career and entry level. This program is ideal if you are currently working in a healthcare setting or if you wish to join the healthcare field.
The Masters of Healthcare Innovation is a 34 credit hour professional master’s degree program. The core program requires 25 credit hours of course work and 9 hours capstone.
Click here to access the most current version of our student handbook.
- Core Coursework:
- HCINNOV 7440: Innovation in High Performing Organizations (3 credit hours)
- HCINNOV 7441: Innovation Leadership: Leading from Within (3 credit hours)
- HCINNOV 7442: Building a Culture of Innovation in Health Systems (3 credit hours)
- HCINNOV 7460: Enhancing Communication in the Innovation System (3 credit hours)
- HCINNOV 7500: Healthcare Policy: A Case for Innovation (2 credit hours)
- HCINNOV 7520: Utilizing Technology to Measure Outcomes in Health systems (3 credit hours)
- HCINNOV 7521: Best Practices In Organizational Operations (3 credit hours)
- HCINNOV 7522: Fundamentals of Design Thinking in Healthcare (2 credit hours)
- HCINNOV 7780: Evidence-Based Practice for Innovation in Organizations (3 credit hours)
- Program Capstones:
- HCINNOV 7590: Capstone 1 (3 credit hours)
- HCINNOV 7591: Capstone 2 (3 credit hours)
- HCINNOV 7592: Final Capstone Project (3 credit hours)
- Capstone courses are practicum courses that will be supervised by a primary preceptor and include practicum hours. Practicum hours will be tracked by the student and will relate to the agreed upon outcomes of the capstone project.
- Core Competencies:
- Organizational Culture and Change
- Organizational Operations in Healthcare
- Evidence Based Leadership
- Outcomes Orientation